Mesh Rigging Problem - Solved + Answer.

Sir Roxan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, sorry for removing the previous post, but I'll re-do it.

For those beginners of Meshing. I bring you... the TUTORIAL TO UPLLOOOOOAAAADDDD!

Right, so I came across a problem previously where when I tried to upload a mesh for Secondlife whilst it seemed perfectly fine in BLENDER, it appeared like so :

Weights.jpg

To fix said issue, all you have to do before trying to upload is the following :

Within blender, hit

*** ' File ' -> ' Export ' -> 'COLLADA (.DAE) '

This should bring up the folder selection.

On the left side of the blender window should be a sidebar, on said sidebar will be a check box about 3/4 the way down saying ' EXPORT FOR SECONDLIFE '. 

Make sure this is checked, then hit 'EXPORT' again. 

When you then try to upload your mesh to secondlife, it will work correctly.

Sir Roxan wrote:

Don't worry, this problem has been fixed.... Next time I'll remember to click ' EXPORT FOR SL ' ...... >.>

Next time you solve a problem, don't erase the post like that.  These forums exist to help the public, not just you.  Leave the post intact, so other people can benefit from reading it.  Remember, whatever problem you came here to ask about, you're not the first person who ever encountered it, and you certainly won't be the last. 

Any time you ask the public for help, the very least you can do is reciprocate by letting other people read about the problem, and its solution.  Otherwise, you're abusing every single person here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.