ENABLE VOICE ISSUES.

Isis Clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello All!

I have battled with two major issues that i have come into with SL. 

1. I am unable to voice. 

2. I am unable to view light and shadows. (super sad face)

I would like help with either, but for now voice maybe the only one that seems promising to results. I have a Macbook Pro 10.8. I normally use Firestorm, but i also have V2 installed. I can hear voice however I have not be able to use voice on SL. I can use skype and other voice programs. To remedy the issue i have done as most theads have suggested. 

1. A clean re-install (as perscribed by a thread)

2. Installed programs

3. Checked all my settings (both mac and v2)

4. Security > firewall options  (sl v2, firestorm and sl voice are all enabled) 

This is an issue in all viewers for me (exodus, v2, firestorm) . I am not sure if there is something i am missing? Is this yet another conflict with my hardware? Please if anyone can help shed some light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

Hello Isis. Welcome to the club of No Voice chat in SL :) Joining it appears is a random thing and can happen to anyone as I just experienced. Spent 2 days working on and still could not get an answer. Here is another Post of same issue that may help it helped me. Best to read through all and see what may help you. Good luck

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/SL-Voice-Not-Working/td-p/1480921

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.