Looking for large skyland place

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why would you assume I havent done any reading up on this?

Regardless, I didn't say "purchase" the land, I said "rent." I am currently renting a full sim sized peice of skyland with 950 something prims for 500 L a week. If I were to purchase land in the mainland or an island or something, it may or may not come with 15000 prim ( a homestead would likely only be about 3750 prim) and would certainly not be as expensive as you say.

Granted my current deal is a pretty nice one--especially due to the size--but you basically are paying related to the amount of prims you are using, and I only really need about 950 to 1000 for what I have in mind.

So if anyone does rent skyland and has something larger (even half a sim size is ok) please IM me and hopefully we can deal.

If your getting a sky platform the size of a full sim with 900 and something prims for a little over 500 a week tell me where so I can rent one.  I don't know of anyone that would give someone 900 prims and only charge a little over 500 ...that's insane

Do they have any more for rent?

friscolives wrote:

Why would you assume I havent done any reading up on this?

Regardless, I didn't say "purchase" the land, I said "rent." I am currently renting a full sim sized peice of skyland with 950 something prims for 500 L a week. If I were to purchase land in the mainland or an island or something, it may or may not come with 15000 prim ( a homestead would likely only be about 3750 prim) and would certainly not be as expensive as you say.

Granted my current deal is a pretty nice one--especially due to the size--but you basically are paying related to the amount of prims you are using, and I only really need about 950 to 1000 for what I have in mind.

So if anyone does rent skyland and has something larger (even half a sim size is ok) please IM me and hopefully we can deal.

...because of what you write shows you are very misinformed on land prices.  Or maybe it is simply that you are misusing the term 'sim'.  What you mean is you would like to rent a small plot of land with x amount of prims so you can put up a sky platform.

Also, if you want to 'rent' then the cost will be higher for you than buying of course. So, keep that in mind.

As for what you say you are now renting, your landlord is giving you an awesome deal because he isn't even covering his own costs. As I said, a FULL sim is US$295 per month and a FULL sim mainland is US $195 per month.

And, as a land owner of both mainland & private estates, I have owned land in SL, paying my tier to LL, for a long long time & am quite familiar with the pricing.

So, if you don't want 'honest' 'correct' 'polite' advise, don't ask in the forum.

hth

First off, I said sim-sized. I did not say renting a full sim. I used sim-sized rather than quote the actual square footage sized, which off the top of my head I'm not sure, some 64 K square meters I believe. It was only to designate the land space size (either sim sized or half sim sized. I thought it was pretty clear in reading it, not sure if it was misunderstood. I never mentioned setting up my own platform.

Also, and as a land owner I'm sure your aware of this, you are basically paying for prim. Even if I were to rent a sim, I could go cheaper if I oped for a homestead (about 3750 prim) rather than a full 19000 something prim standard sim. Its pretty common to find a full homestead for about 7000 L a week. This, obviously a rental price, but its not $200 a month.

The debate between "buy" and "rent", IMO, is irrelevent as this is posted in the "parcels for rent" board. I'm not looking to purchase, as I think it would likely wind up more costly.

I have no problem with honest, correct and polite replies. Just snide, innaccurate ramblings.

friscolives wrote:

First off, I said sim-sized. I did not say renting a full sim. I used sim-sized rather than quote the actual square footage sized, which off the top of my head I'm not sure, some 64 K square meters I believe. It was only to designate the land space size (either sim sized or half sim sized. I thought it was pretty clear in reading it, not sure if it was misunderstood. I never mentioned setting up my own platform.

Also, and as a land owner I'm sure your aware of this, you are basically paying for prim. Even if I were to rent a sim, I could go cheaper if I oped for a homestead (about 3750 prim) rather than a full 19000 something prim standard sim. Its pretty common to find a full homestead for about 7000 L a week. This, obviously a rental price, but its not $200 a month.

The debate between "buy" and "rent", IMO, is irrelevent as this is posted in the "parcels for rent" board. I'm not looking to purchase, as I think it would likely wind up more costly.

I have no problem with honest, correct and polite replies. Just snide, innaccurate ramblings.

Again- mosts of your information here is completely inaccurate..  Please, do your research before spouting off.  It will save you a lot of embarassment in the end.

Hope  you find what you are looking for & you're welcome.  I can tell by the number of replies offering you what you are asking for in this forum is a good indicator.

Well, there are at least 4 ads for a full homestead 3750 prims for 6900 L a week, which shoots down your advice  entirely. I won't waste time going back and forth with you on this, I am already renting a full sim SIZED skybox property with 975 some odd prim for 500 L a week.

As for your remarks of no replies, I did get several IM's and rented a half sim sized property--an Island, not a skybox, for 3400 L a week with 2000 prim, again vastly less than your comments indicated.

You have every right to your opinion, but I'd say your prices are the one thats out of whack. I know what I have and what I pay. I know the difference between a Homestead, a skybox  and a full sim Mainland property.

I'll just say you come off as someone simply trolling for a reaction. If your advice was sincere then I do appreciate it, but regardless I'm happy with what I rented and know it was a lot cheaper than 19000 L a week or purchasing for that sort  of expense.

There you go again using the term 'full sim'.  A full sim has 15,000 prims & is US295 per month tier and if mainland US $195 per month tier.  the other products you mention, homestead is a different product entirely.  It is US$125 per month tier.

And your belief that purchasing land is more expensive than renting is outrageous.  Why would anyone purchase land then rent it out for less than what they have to pay in tier?  If you happen to have a grandfathered sim then you are able to give your customers a break yes, but the majority of land owners, rent their land out at a profit not a loss.

See prices here:  http://secondlife.com/land/privatepricing.php

And you are right about one thing.   We should stop it here since you are obviously not interested in correct information. 

Edited to correct typo

If you read my post, I did not say SIM, I said HOMESTEAD. A Homestead is only 3750 prim, not 19000. If you are a land renter you would know that, and make any argument you want you will not be able to change facts.

A sim is 19000 a week. A homestead 3750. Skybox property even less.

My original post clearly stated any property, preferably sim SIZED (in square meters) or half sim SIZED (again square meters.) I even said sky property was fine since I did not need much in the way of prim, and know that often is available in lower prims.

Honesty, no idea where you are coming from in any of this.

Though I won't argue anything in the way of purchasing land. I dont want to go that route, as I'm not interested in that much of an investment and truthfully don't have a great deal of knowledge in land purchase or how that all works. I'm a renter, only interested in renting a property at this time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.