Object I rez keeps jumping to the perimeter of my parcel.

Kobuk Farshore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to use a tool called LandMap which I've used often in the past on my land; you rez an array of scanners and it creates a sculpt-map of your terrain. I last used this tool maybe 6 months ago (before pathfinding came out?) but now every time I try to rez a scanner, it jumps to about 10m from my 1/4 homestead's perimeter. If I try to drag it back it'll jump to the nearest point at the edge of my parcel. This isn't a function of the tool lol.

I tried different viewers both on my Mac and PC, and eventually noticed an icon in Firestorm that said something about objects in the region not behaving correctly until the region was rebaked. So I region-rebaked. After that I got a message that my region doesn't have pathfinding enabled so objects might not do as they're supposed to.

I tried reading up on pathfinding a bit but it all seems directed at creators. Is the only solution to contact my real estate place and request they enable pathfinding? Or can I do it just for my own land? Or is that not even the issue? Why are the scanners leaping to the very edge of my land?

Any help is appreciated. :)

2 answers to this question

When Pathfinding came out one of the major changes was with how the ground was modeled - it's very different from how it was modeled previously. The physics engine that controls how objects interact with the land was changed a lot too. This is probably giving your tool fits, and the same thing will happen whether or not you have "pathfinding" switched on. You should contact the makers of your tool to see if it's been updated recently.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.