llRequestURL checking

xigaro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use llRequestURL() in my script to get a URL for incoming HTTP requests. Is there a way my script can check the URL is still alive? I'd rather do it in script if possible, instead of pinging out to a server to do a remote test.

From the docs it looks like the URL will be removed under certain conditions so I've made sure the URL is re-created when the events trigger. But I don't feel confident that the URL will stay alive under all other circumstances. A check every 60 minutes or so would put me at ease.

What's the best way to check a llRequestURL() URL is still active and working?

Thanks!

Thank you Darkie :) I don't know why I didn't think of that! I put this together and it looks like I can test from the same script:

key request_id;string request_url;default{    state_entry()    {        // Open URL        request_id = llRequestURL();                // Set hovertext        llSetText("Touch me to kill the URL", <1,1,1>, 1.0);    }        http_request(key id, string method, string body)    {        if (method == URL_REQUEST_GRANTED)        {            // We were granted a URL, store it            request_url = body;                        // Start timer to test URL            llSetTimerEvent(10);        } else if (method == "GET") {            // Assume this is the script testing the URL            llHTTPResponse(id, 200, "OK");        }    }        timer()    {        // Test the URL with an HTTP request        llHTTPRequest(request_url, [], "");    }        http_response(key request_id, integer status, list metadata, string body)    {        if (status == 200)        {            llOwnerSay("URL is still working correctly");        } else {            llOwnerSay("URL failed with status code " + (string)status);        }    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        // Kill the URL        llReleaseURL(request_url);                // Set hovertext        llSetText("URL no longer available", <1,1,1>, 1.0);    }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.