Things on Sim Keep Going Off Sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a sim and I have been building a urban city on a sky platform.   Today, Linden Labs restarted my sim and my roads and sidewalks were returned saying they went offsim.   I had this problem on the ground a few weeks ago.  I was 3 meters from the sim boarder and it kept returning the sidewalks.   But, I moved them back a little and it solved it.

But, here is my problem now.   Around the perimeter of the sky platform, I have buildings.   I had several sidewalks and roads linked together to make it easier to move in the middle.   On each side, they had 20 or more meters available.   When the sim reset, all my roads and sidewalks were returned saying they went off sim but the buildings and the landscape walls I put up (which are all closer to the boarders) did not return.  has anyone experienced this? Could it be because I have so much linked together over a 100 meters each way.   I linked all the sidewalks and roads together in one and turned them convex to reduce the land impact.      

Are you on mainland?  Cause it sounds to me like encroachment issue.  For example, using megas that are textured with sculps.  The bounding box can be huge & encroach on neighbors without you being aware of it.

Anyway, just  athought.

Also, if you are building Mon Tue or Wed mornings (Cali time) take a few minutes to check the grid status page.  Today they were doing rolling restarts & asked that we not rez no copy items, avoid making purchases, etc. 

I become very absent minded when building & often don't check or even see sim is going to restart.  I've actually added to my calendar to check so as not to bother until my sims are done.

Loki Kahanamoku wrote:

I have a sim and I have been building a urban city on a sky platform.   Today, Linden Labs restarted my sim and my roads and sidewalks were returned saying they went offsim.   I had this problem on the ground a few weeks ago.  I was 3 meters from the sim boarder and it kept returning the sidewalks.   But, I moved them back a little and it solved it.

But, here is my problem now.   Around the perimeter of the sky platform, I have buildings.   I had several sidewalks and roads linked together to make it easier to move in the middle.   On each side, they had 20 or more meters available.   When the sim reset, all my roads and sidewalks were returned saying they went off sim but the buildings and the landscape walls I put up (which are all closer to the boarders) did not return.  has anyone experienced this? Could it be because I have so much linked together over a 100 meters each way.   I linked all the sidewalks and roads together in one and turned them convex to reduce the land impact.      

The system's designed so that the maximum distance between the centerpoint of items in a linkset is 54 meters - this is so that people don't crash into an invisible child prim of a linkset they can't see because the root prim (the prim that determines whether your viewer should draw an object) is out of their draw distance. A few weeks ago this setting got broken and you could link items that were farther apart than 54 meters, but this was changed back in the recent server updates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.