Once Upon A Virtual World....A Family History.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once upon a virtual time there was a big family called Labbie.  The Labbie's lived in a Big House, and had many children.  Like most families with lots of children, they did not always get along with one another, but they were family, so they stuck together.   As the children grew older, some moved out of the house, and some even moved out of the country. 

In the same town as the lovely Labbie family, was a group of red-headed Street urchins.  The Street urchins were banded together by the Street urchin’s brotherhood, and they all lived in a big Commerce warehouse.    The Street urchins ran a business, and had enough money to get by. 

One day the Labbie family patriarch had a meeting with the Street urchin founder.  It seems that the Street-urchin founder grew tired of running the red-headed Street urchin’s brotherhood, and wanted to move on, to do other things.  The Labbie family patriarch thought the Street-urchin warehouse business looked profitable, and he agreed to buy-out the business, and would even adopt the red-headed Street urchin children. 

The Street urchins did not want to be adopted, and they protested, complained, moaned and groaned.  But, after some Official paperwork, the Labbie family had adopted all the red-headed Street-urchins. Well, at least those red-headed Street urchins who had not “runnoft”.   

A whole year went by with the Street urchins living in a warehouse, but they had now been Officially Adopted as Labbie family members.   Back at the Big Labbie House, life went on pretty much as before, but the Labbie family children had heard about the red-headed adopted siblings.

Eventually the Labbie family patriarch decided to build a Bigger House, one that all the Labbie family children could live in.   The house was called GD Labbie House.  All the Labbie children were invited to move into the Big GD Labbie House, and many old First Labbie and new adopted Labbie children did move in.  There was much fighting as the old Labbie First children had ranks and titles, and lorded their “official” Labbie pedigrees over the adopted red-headed Street urchins.  Also, the move was not popular, and some children left and went to other homes, and even far away Open lands.

Over time, a new Big Labbie House was built, and new children born into the Labbie family.   It looked like the Brady Bunch…only a whole heck of a lot more kids, fighting, and no Alice.  One day, some of the older Labbie children were talking about the family history.  

An “official” old First Labbie child told about their personal Labbie history.  THEN, a red-headed adopted (former Street urchin) Labbie child added their story.   “Oh, no, said the “official” Labbie child, you’re not part of the Labbie family history”.   “Only us First Labbies count as “official” family history”.    

“What?”, said the red-headed adopted Street urchin (now a Labbie), but I was “officially” adopted by the Labbie family?”   “Even when I lived in the old Street urchin warehouse for a year after the adoption, I was “officially” a Labbie family member.  That year counts as official Labbie family history too”.    

Several senior First Labbie children said, “No, you’re an outsider, a red-headed Street urchin, and your history is not part of our Labbie family history.”  “Yes, we know you were adopted, but really...do you look like a member of our Labbie family?”   “You have RED hair!” 

The red-headed Street urchin (now a Labbie family member) said, “This family sucks!”  “I never did want to be adopted by you…you… Labbie-meanie-cats!”    *cries*   

A much younger new Labbie child asks, “What’s going on?”   “I thought we were all one Big Labbie Family?!”    “I thought so too”, says the former red-headed Street urchin now turned Labbie.   “But, now, I see why so many Labbie children move out the Big House”.     : ( 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.