Speaking of Calling Cards

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, Henri Beauchamp said:

Each avatar got an unique identifier (UUID) associated to it (like every object, item and asset in SL); changing the avatar name won't change the UUID. That UUID is used as an item creation marker (each item you create in SL is marked with your agent Id, the ”agent” being your own avatar, in LL's viewer code jargon). The UUID of your avatar will also be present as the ”last owner” field marker in every inventory item you give away to others.

It means that anyone can find you (by UUID) via the items you gave to them (and not only via calling cards that used to be given by servers or, now, created by viewers, when forming a friendship). This is how the whole SL database was designed and works (UUIDs as keys), and LL cannot do anything to change this.

Your only option to evade a stalker in SL is to use an alt avatar. But before using that last measure, you may use the mute/block feature, the ban lists, and abuse reporting if they do not prove to be deterring enough for your stalker...

Thank you very much for the reply.. Yes I have reported and did the above.  I will get it worked out.  Other person has to many alts to keep reporting.  lol, I appreciate your help..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.