groups: how do they affect objects on my land?

lyllithxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i own (as in purchased, not rented) a small piece of land that i filled with a variety of mostly low prim objects. i'm pretty new still, so i didn't realize i had the tag of a popular group i'm a member of up while i was doing this, rather than my personal group circle.

now my personal group circle is the only group that has permission to build/object entry on my land (have tested this- seems to be working) but all the objects on the land are tagged with the OTHER group which is not mine...and has a lot of members too.

is there a way i can mass edit somewhere around 50-100 objects without going through them one by one and changing their group tag to my personal group tag?

if i don't do this, are there any repercussions since the only people who can mess with stuff on my land, according to my perimissions, have to be in my private/personal friends only group (which is invite only)?

thanks guys.

1 answer to this question

You should be OK as is, unless you enable auto return.  In that case, objects rezzed under a different group tag will come back to your lost and found folder.

If you use the popular Firestorm viewer, there is a Preferences option, "rez objects under land group where possible" which helps a lot if you forget to wear the correct group tag when building.

You can mass edit objects.  Select one, then drag out a rectangle to capture as many objects as possible.  Then change the group they're set to.  Be sure "select only my objects" is checked when you do this.  If you include other people's objects in your roundup, the interface won't let you edit anything.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.