Exporting a sculpt map FROM secondlife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a set of sculpt maps in world. How to I access them from Blender? Do I upload the as I would an images, or are they all ready on my system, and I have to locate where they are stored?  I have a feeling I am making this harder than it really is :)

Thanks

Zowie

First, you have to find the scult maps in your inventory.  Depending on how they were delivered, you may have to unpack them from a box first, to get them into your inventory.

In inventory, they will show up with a texture icon, and if you open it, you may be able to see the sculpt map directrly, or it may be hidden by an alpha channel.  If the map is not hidden, you can actually take a screen shot, cut out the sculpt map part, and have blender interpret that as a sculpt map.  This is why people hide the map using the alpha channel, to make unauthorized copying more difficult.

But, you have full perm maps, so you can right click on the sculpt map texture in inventory, and then choose "save as" from the context menu.  That will let you save the texture to your hard drive, where, you will be able to access it from blender or whatever other program you wish.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.