Does nobody give Kudos anymore or am I just that boring?

Curious Hazelnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

I gave you a kudos, Curious; not for this thread, but for the thread you started as a discussion (where there is no kudos) asking where we, the residents, would like LL to take Second Life to next.

It's a great question. I have no answer in this moment.

Edited to add:

I give kudos for posts in Answers that are answered politely, informatively, and on time, but only if I have read the thread. I don't always read every single thread, only the ones that (a) look like I might be able to answer them or (b) look interesting. 

But my own opinion of kudos is that it only can cause people who already may doubt themselves, to have further self-doubts, just like the "like" button on Facebook.  One of our number (Irene Muni) did start a JIRA requesting the kudos sytem be done away with.  Sadly, JIRAs are no longer public, and it looks like this feature is here to stay.

Kudos can occasionally cause bitterness and resentment; this can be seen in some of the older threads (which I am too time-constrained and lethargic to find right now); there have been accusations of favouritism among certain forumites (which is 99% bullcrap). 

People seeking advice over on the Answers section do not give a hoot who has the most post counts or kudos. They just want answers, or someone to hold their hand and give them a bit of confidence that they are doing things correctly.

A little-known fact is you can also give and receive kudos for any photos you upload.  The occasional contests that Linden Lab run are kudos-led, and this can serve to boost a person's 'status' on the forums/answers/here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.