Intel GMA 4500/unusable performance: Are people still using these in 2012 + getting by in SL?

septimusminimus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've picked up a used ultraportable as of late. GMA 4500/Core 2 Duo ULV @ 1.2Ghz, Win 8. 64-bit, pushing a 1024x768 panel. Tried latest Firestorm, Cool VL 1.26.4, and Rainbow Viewer 1.22 so far. Rainbow Netbook Viewer crashes on launch. Firestorm is fastest, strangely, but still unusable without setting draw distance to twenty, grass off, all lights off, all textures off/unloaded too. Having it look like like a sea of grey and blur, I can do 15FPS on my Linden home and 3.5-5FPS in a crowded space, Turning on grass alone is slaughter. Firestorm maxes CPU, others don't. Most reports regarding the chip are from '09, when I pulled 10FPS/low with a FX5200 at the time... or too dated.

Is anyone getting the mobile 4500 to work with textures, 32 draw distance and some grass rendering too?

Yes... if not clear..; I'm acquainted with the performance level of the Intel GMA 4500 Accelerator. Business graphics + light gaming of four years ago. Also, GTX460 for the desk. Ain't luggin' no behemoth!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.