ABC ISLAND CLOSING (and Wrap Party)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ABC Island is closing after tomorrow (22nd of September +10:00 GMT). It's been open since 2007, but the Australian Broadcasting Commission has decided to channel its resources into other virtual avenues.A big party is planned tomorrow and you're welcome to come.

ABC Island Today

For more details see either Vale: ABC Island in Second Life or check out the ABC Friends group in-world.

I think there's a good chance it might, but new venues would be needed.

2012-09-23 Still having fun.jpg

As proof that ABC Island was popular, just a while ago I accidentally selected the wrong TP link and ended back in ABC Island by mistake. EVERYTHING was gone except a message cube to say that it was shut. But there in the middle ankle high water was a (mostly Korean Sim) party of avatars, having a great time all by themselves. They were surprised that ABC Island had ended, and when I asked if the place had been fun, they OVERWHELMINGLY agreed. :D

There's only 17 minutes left until it turns midnight in SL, and then probably even that will be gone. Entropy always wins in the end, but at least we can have a good time while we wait. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.