How do I purchase a quarterly monthly upgrade for my wife on the same card as I am using for myself?

Darkholme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You cannot buy a premium account for someone else, even if it is your wife. The workaround is that you create another account (an alt) and enter your payment information under your own real name. Create a password along with your wife, and she will be able to use this alternate account as if it was her own. But the fact is you cannot have two different real names linked to a payment information. You will be charged twice: once for your avatar, and once for your alt (that is to say your wife's avatar).

Please read more about multiple accounts here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies

Lol, I had to check with my parents about that. Although their bank account is common (Mr. & Mrs.), they have separate individual credit cards (Visa and Amex) with their own security numbers. It seems that it is impossible (at least in France, I don't know about other countries) to have a credit card for a couple with their two names on it. That is why I would assume that Darkholme's wife cannot get her name connected to her husband's credit card information. Hence I thought that creating an alt could solve the problem. Hehe, not too sure my explanations are very clear here, I think I need some more coffee... :D

I suppose it must depend on the credit card company, but in general I don't think an online merchant in England, at least, would object to a husband or wife using the other one's credit card as a payment method (provided the card holder didn't object, of course).

I am sure that Darkholme can't buy the subscription for his wife using his SL account, but I think he can give her his card and tell her to use that to pay for her own subscription. To my mind, Billing should be able to help him with this.

Thanks to Innula's comments in the "Permalink", just adding you should contact the billing support to get your issue sorted out. Good luck!

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.