Have I been Scammed

TarquinAnthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently was looking for no convenant land so I chose to rent mainland in my search I found a great deal check the covenant and it said no covenant for this parcel or something to that affect, so I pay the rental box and get a blank NC named example description. So I set out my items and get a IM saying that I am violating the covenant of the parcel and my actions will be investigated. So this is what I think is happening a unnamed person is renting no covenant land accepting payment then saying you've violated a covnenant that did not exist reclaiming the land and continuing the cycle. I may be wrong. But now im out the L$ and the land.

This is a bit like a spider setting up his home in a web in the corner of a clean house. He will sit there waiting for days and days and nothing will come along, not even a speck of dust.  I find it unlikely that someone would set up a rental box on the mainland like this, because there are so few people likely to pass by and set up home, especially on the mainland.

However, I perhaps am misunderstanding your post a little bit.

You must speak with the person to whom you paid rental; ask them what is was exactly that you violated, tell them their notecard was blank.  It might just be a misunderstanding.

However, keep it civil, and bear in mind some people are not online every day.

If you are absolutely sure you have been scammed, you can submit an abuse report via the "help" button inworld, include a screenshot of the rental box, and explain to LL what you believe to be going on.  Theft is theft. 

Edited to add:

I keep coming back to that IM you received that said you were violating the covenant of the parcel.  Unless you rezzed something totally inappropriate - ie a very adult piece of equipment - onto Mature or G-rated land - I fail to see how the landowner's rules (rather than covenant) have been violated. Even then, the landlord could have just derezzed your offending item and reminded you of the sim rating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.