Uploading Avatar into Blender?

Sixx Yangtz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to upload a .bvh file which is a static pose I've made in another program outside of Blender.  The purpose is so I can set it as a collision object with the specific pose I made. I'd rather not use Blender to make the pose.  Is that possible?  I've imported a .bvh file out of curiosity and it comes in as a GIANT funky looking shape, not a default avatar shape. Also its in the T stance, not the pose I origiinally made?

I'm a Blender newbie so if there's a tutorial on doing this and you know where its at a link would be cool.

Thanks in advance any advise you may have!

During import to Blender, you should se an option in the toolbar on the right to set the scale for the import. Changing this would make the imported armature more correct in size. The funky looking shape you see after import is probably the bones in the armature. You can change this - try 'stick' - in the properties panel on the left hand side (most likely blow the outliner). The setting is in the armature object data section of the panel. (which you find along the top of the panel. It looks like a little Vitruvian man)

When you import the bvh animation it may have two frames in it. the first is possibly the t-pose, while the second frame might be the pose you made. Look below the 3d view for the timeline and see if your pose is on frame two.

• 2 years later...

Follow the Avastar tutorial on "motion transfer"

Basically, you import the bvh which will bring in an armature, you then need to setup the motion transfer profile which will map the rotation movement from this armature to the armature of your avatar model.

Then you press the "transfer motion" button.

That's pretty much it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.