Trouble displaying clothing in the latest SL viewer?

Times Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi again everyone,

My old PC crashed and I just replaced it with a new Dell XPS 8500 with i5 CPU and an ATI graphics chipset that supposedly exceeds SL's minimum requirements. But I can't get any of the latest viewers (SL default, Phoenix, or Firestorm) to display the clothing I was wearing before the crash. My inventory shows the items as being "Worn," but I look naked except for my socks and underwearll.

I've tried removing  and re-wearing them to no effect. And I had saved several whole outfits before the crash, but none of them will go on my avatar now.

Has anybody else experienced this problem... and if so, how did you fix it? I've been trying for days. I was wearing a tuxedo before, but now, I may be forced to build myself a prim-based barrel and hang it over my shoulders!

Sincerely,

Timesie

I see everyone saying get the latest drivers for the ATI card I use both Nvid and ATI SL definetly works much easier with Nvid and tends to be buggy with ATI. I have had little success with their latest drivers so I rolled back to the 12.1 catalyst drivers which were released in January of this year. After they are installed go into catalyst 3D and turn off the A.I. sometimes it works  much of the time it  gives problems with SL.

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.