I need a business partner, and a little help

Imarny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Keep on asking the same question in the wrong place so hopefully this is the correct place!

In rl  I see  my self as a graphic designer maybe not the best, how ever i love what i do, In sl i see myself as a noob HOPEFULLY not much longer. i want to Become an Clothes designer creating Unique, Vintage and Urban mesh clothes for sl, now i know how to create mesh clothes and i know the basis of Mesh and Second life together importing etc, I would say my strength is creating 3d clothes/ mesh, and my weakness is texturing them, To get to the point I'm looking for a partner, someone to join forces with in the buisness/ fashion industry a clothes texture artist, I know this may be asking a lot due to me still being quiet new, But beleive me i know a lot. I'm not just looking to jump into buisness with someone it would be nice to meet them build a friendship and trust. I guess i've rambled enough!

I'm not sure if i'm asking this in the correct place, if not would any one know wich is.

Thank you

Imarny XX

Instead of looking for a partner, what you may want to consider is importing your mesh models into SL and selling them to other content creators to use in making clothing.  A lot of current designers don't work in mesh and would gladly pay you a premium price to use your models.  A few people are doing this and seem to be doing quite well but there is definitely room for more.  I've heard people start to complain that they see the same mesh clothing in store after store and the only difference is the texture.  They are craving new styles. 

Here are some links to the Marketplace so you can see what others are doing

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=599&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search

Hay there Amethyst thanks for the reply, i was thinking of doing this, as everything you said is correct and very true, i guess maybe i should start out buy doing this tough it would be also nice to create my own stuff you know to sell uniquely for my own store working along with some one who is in to the same kind of fashion i am. Tough i will deffently take this into consideration. Thanks again for replying

Imarnyxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.