Can Someone Help?

Song Grayson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the latest viewer on my laptop, when I logged back in about 50% of my textures are hot pink!

I cleared cache, restarted my lappy, uninstalled & reinstalled the viewer~still have the hot pink textures. Even my Tiny Empires attached hud is hot pink!

Can anyone give me any ideas to clear this up?

I would install a different viewer but I am afraid I will still have the hot pink textures *sigh*

Thanks in advance.

YAY! Pink to make the boys wink :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

It's a common problem, affecting users of certain graphics cards. Check your graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Edited to add link to more useful advice on this particular problem...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/everytime-I-sign-in-the-whole-screen-looks-pink-in-color-does/qaq-p/1619555

If you are using an ATI video card Second Life does not seem to like them at all I suppose it is just to difficult to code for anyone else than Nvidia. I use both Nvidia never or seldom has problems My 3850 ATI is always doing something that is not normal )). I use the catylst driver 12.1 which was released in January of this year they have had several upgrades since then.

I downgraded the driver from the one the spewed in June because it was unstable In SL. Another thing that works from time to time with ATI is enter the catylst 3d setting and turn off the AI it has known problems with SL also

Echo is right. The graphics card drivers need updating.

There  is a jira filed for this - https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2908 - which contains some hints and help from what I can tell. Even if it's probably listed in the post Echo linked to, I'm posting it specifically....

The problem should have been fixed, or is in the works.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.