I can't get past TOS to log in.

Solletica Sorciere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I haven't logged into Second Life in a lonnnng time. When I try to log in, it tells me that I have to read and accept the terms of service, but the TOS doesn't load, and the checkbox is ghosted. Apparently a lot of people had this problem a while back and the solution was to run Second Life view 1.23 and accept through that, but you can't get that viewer any more...

I have the most up-to-date SL viewer (3.3.4.262321), and I tried Phoenix as well but same problem with that. I'm running Windows 7.

(Also,I tried to contact tech support, but they don't have an option to ask questions about viewer problems...)

@Valerie: Thank you, but that is the same advice I read in other threads. So far, every viewer I've tried has the same problem...

3 answers to this question

Thanks for your edit Solletica. Try to file a support case: problem > account issue > Second Life viewer Login issues.

The form will ask you to specify a region's name you are trying to attempt. Type anything in order to be able to fill in the rest of the form. (You can type my region's name if you want, I wont mind. It is called Va Pou). Good luck! :smileyhappy:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Regarding your edited information:

Very often, it will take some time for the Accept TOS button to un-grey itself.  Open the viewer, scroll the TOS window, and then wait patiently.  How long?  I'm not sure...give it 30 minutes.  If it's still greyed out, and this happens with all viewers, file a support ticket with LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.