Texturing using Shadow maps Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a premade prim baseball hat that came full rights with shadow maps.  I've downloaded the maps and textured them and they look great.  However I want to put my store logo on the front of the hat but noticed the shadow maps are scewed so much its difficult for me to put the logo on correctly in photoshop and with my first attempt and upload into SL, the logo looks totally out of wack.  I'm sure some of you are reading this and saying "what a newbie"  lol Well, I am.  But I"d really like to get this figured out.  Is there an easy way to do this or is there a specific software I can use to work with the shadow maps easier?  Would love any direction you can give me.  Thanks in advance.

Not sure how much texturing with UV maps and SL you have done. But. Normally you dont paint on the shadow map . It is normally used as a layer to blend the shadows wtih the main textures. The Shadow map will have an outline of where to put the images or paint.. But the thing is. when creating the image. you are working with a flat surface. So as the image gets wrapped around the curved surface it will become skewed. The lines in the UV map will be indicators of how and where the texture will bend around a surface.... You will have to adust the image several times untill it loooks right on the object.. Most users use the beta grid to upload test images

If it is a poorly unwrapped UV map. then it would be best to use another prim

after the adjustments. the logo you put on the image( flat surface ) will be all tweaked out. but will look fine on the model

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.