Account hacking

kaorin Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

If you can find an attorney to take the case, sure, you can sue anyone. But it'll probably cost you more than you lost.

If you haven't already done so what you need to do know is IMMEDIATELY go and change your password. You may still be able to save your account. Or just delete it and start a new one after you run a virus scan on your computer. Don't EVER give your user ID and password to anyone. Good luck.

• Like 2

Agree with Zoe. A lawyer will charge you way more than your loss. The urgent actions to take, beside changing your password if you still can, are to submit a support case (account issue > I believe my account has been compromised) and call the fraud number:

800-860-6990

From the KB:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Email_Scam_%28Phishing%29_FAQ

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Scams

• Like 2

i can see who got the money from transaction log. And I think that they are working into the organization or the group. Probably they will make new avis one after another. This is the battle which requires cost considerably as you say. I changed my password. Just in time,it is good. but Having been deceived is mortifying.

I forgot to mention that if you're in the USA you can submit the IP address of the fraudulent site to the FBI's Internet Fraud department, or division, or whatever they call it. Just look for it on their web page. You may never hear back from them but they do take internet fraud seriously.

I hope you sent an Abuse Report to LL. they should be able to find out the source for that fraud. they have the account login data, all transaction logs, IP addresses, and probably MAC addresses. if they are quick enough, they should be able to stop any further transactions from those machines/avis so that the L$ is still there. at least they can ban them from further access.

• Like 1

Of course, I sent Abuse Report to LL. They logged in to my account for 1 minute. and L$ was remitted to the others. They did not steal all the L$ of mine. I think that it was their plan. I wish that LL investigates quickly, releases their vicious crime, and eliminates them for all the residents. thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.