Sounds: Isn't it time?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Penny Patton wrote:

There's actually a LOT of issues with sounds I'd love to see addressed.

Did you know that if there are too many sound emitting objects around you, it will crash your viewer?

SL desperately needs to join the 21st century and implement surround sound support. This technology existed before SL, yet ten years later and SL still lacks what is now commonplace.

Being able to stream audio/media through an in-world object would be brillaint. As in, you could stream the parcel music through an in-world radio, so the music is louder the closer you are to that radio.

these are just a handful of examples.

It does seem that LL is focused entirely on the Visual aspects of SL right now and that Audio (with possibly the exception of MOAP) is totally forgotten.  It could be that LL is missing how big a part the Audio aspects are of many of our Second Lives.  For some of us they are a very big part.

Penny Patton wrote:

I'm honestly not sure what LL is focused on in SL. Their approach to graphics is absurdly flawed and the cause of most of SL's problems.

This really I will totally agree with.

And they also seem to suffer from a huge case of Domino Effect. The fix for one thing breaks a dozen others. And too often they don't discover this until after the fact.

I was contemplating starting a thread, "Can't Win For Losing."

I'd been commenting to Oskar in the Server Sub Fora about my friends and I encountering clusters of failed teleports.  This was not hyperbole.  Many of us kept encountering clusters of "the server could not complete your request at this time" repeatedly.

Now all of the sudden my teleports are going as fast as they ever have and in fact appear to be going faster. But conversely my rez times lengthened.  At a busy club I frequent I was suddenly waiting three to four minutes for all the Avatars to Rez.  Double checking all my settings I decided to try turning off HTTP. Boom, my rez time was back close to what it was previously, usually under 30 seconds.  Whereas before, I was getting better results with HTTP enabled.  How the hell do you figure out the rhyme or reason to this!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.