A.E. Worx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the A.E. Worx house control 2.0, but it quit working. The updater doesn't work, the website doesn't work, and the landmark I have for his place isn't working. Is anyone else having issues with A.E. Worx products or know if he shut everything down? I can't use any of my products I've made that have the home conroller in it, because on rez it automatically logs into the website to check for an update. Since it can't log in it wont work. I sent him a notecard, but no response. I was really just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am.

I make my own products that I use the AE Worx system in. This has nothing to do with Inside Studios. I'm finishing up a Yacht and I have the AE Worx home control system in it to control doors, windows, blinds, security, etc. If AE Worx closed down then I have to get a new home control system. I hope this isn't the case as I have a lot invested this system. I was just wondering if anyone else has been having a problem or heard anything about this issue. 

sorry i was not able to help but here is another alternative -

If you HAVE to ditch AE WORX, then what you might be able to use for doors is something called "timeless door script" and in the windows just use a texture changing script, dump your textures in it, voila.

The problem with using a centralized control system in something is if it fails, the whole build is screwed.

OK I will shut up now and maybe someone can come along with better answers than I can.

A.E. Worx is back up and running it looks like. I still wish their customer support was better. On his website it explains some of what happened, yet on his SL profile there is no explanation, and no response from him or anyone to my notcards. Oh well, glad it's working again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.