Create and store a profile to a PHP database through LSL

Voodoo Schnyder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm really new to LSL and I'm wanting to know if there are any good tutorials for PHP+LSL? ANy that you would recommend?

Basically what Im wanting to do is a combat hud, when someone wears the hud, they're directed to a webpage where they can register their character, and will be then, stored there for everytime they attach the hud, their profile will be connected with.

I think what I would do is have each copy generate a random id for itself, then in the HUD use prim media (LlSetPrimMediaParams) where it passes in that id as a parameter. If there's no profile associated with the id, have them make one, otherwise you could just pull up the info every time they attach the HUD.

I don't know of a tutorial - but once you understand LSL and PHP which you can study on their own, it'e pretty simple to combine them. There are a zillion PHP tutorials out there - just google. For LSL, if you know the basics of scripting/programming, the wiki  will be your friend. There are very simole examples of how you call a php script using lsl - like this one. You can also look at the silo (towards the end of the page) and the SLDB which are implementations of databeses in PHP for use with  LSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.