Simple bot program for OS X?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the SL viewer only gets more and more demanding to run (with or without newer graphical features), I'm no longer able to run more than one copy of SL locally with any degree of usability, even with one copy hidden (See here).

Anyway, I used to sign in with multiple viewers so that I could test anything that supported more than one avatar, so I was thinking I'd try running a simple bot instead, but I have some questions.

Firstly, is it okay to just use any account (such as an alt) for simple testing purposes, or does the account need to be registered as a bot regardless? All I really want is to just use my existing alt with one of its available costumes, and have it sit on things, while automatically granting permissions requests (except debit). It wouldn't be for anything more than light, occasional testing so I'm curious if I need to bother registering as a bot account?

Secondly, are there any good bot programs that I can run on OS X? I can use virtualisation if I absolutely have to, but obviously I'd rather use something specific, or cross-platform, for example a Java bot, if such a thing exists?

Lastly, if there is no simple bot for OS X, is there a good place to start if I were to try and write my own? I used to be a Java developer so with decent documentation I could probably knock together something simple that meets my needs (or possibly other people's as well).

Also, if there's a more appropriate forum then please do point me to it!

Thanks!

Hi, thats some questions ;)

First, i don´t think for occasional testing you have to register this avatar as a bot. However if you want it to stay online for days without human control behind you on the save side.

Doing several bots for a Columbian University i used some alts and never registered them as bots because after finish them they registered own accounts anyway.

If you can run a DOS-Box, virtual machine...., try the standard bot-software

Check this page to find more information about 2 available bot-programms - http://secondlifebots.com/. One can run under mono that is available under MS-DOS and Linux, no idea about OS X outside a virtual machine.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.