Mesh gets Deformed when I upload to SL

Mariano Ree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having a problem once I upload my Mesh onto SL. It for some reason deforms my blocks and makes them larger/longer then they should be. This only happens to the Blocks the rest of the mesh looks fine. In the previewer it looks fine. Once its up in SL though they get messed up.

Note: there are no modifiers in the object modifier tab.

Check out the IMGs below. What am I doing wrong? how can I fix it?

Blender to sl Prob1.jpg

Blender to sl Prob.jpg

It looks like you resized things in Object mode but did not apply the changes.

You must trust no-one... Especially not the 2 "people" in between your mesh and SL: the exporter and the uploader. To be (more or less) sure of the result, you must chew the food for them and that means to give them pure geometry that requires no fancy calculation. It makes their head hurt. :smileywink:

Just use CTRL+A in Object mode to apply everything: size, position and rotation.

(PS: I hate it when somebody answers while I'm typing.)

Are these separate objects? I believe (just tested on latest viewer) that you cannot make a mesh with any dimension smaller than 0.01. If you do, it will show up correctly in the uploader, but as soon as you rez it it will be stretched to the minimum dimension. For single objects, you can get around this by adding invisible faces to make the bounding box bigger than the visible object, but for things like the one you show, the simpler solution is to join the parts together into a single mesh before exporting. You can set different materials for the red beads etc. to texture it as if it was separate objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.