cannot log in

Partytongue Rokocoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

please, I have not been able to get into SL for 6weeks.  I have a Mac and all system requirements look good.  I have an NVIDIA GeForce 320 M graphics card.  I don't know if that's the problem.  What happens is it just says "we are experiencing difficulties in this region" (I tried to log in to both Home and Last Location) and gives me a choice to quit or view IM and chat.  Whatever I click, it quits.  And that's all I know.  I don't have any idea what could be so wrong for so long.  I cleared my cache and tried several different viewers, all SL viewers, going back about 5 versions I think.  Please help I am completely frustrated and really miss my friends and my avatar!!!

Well I redownloaded a driver for my graphics card and it did nothing.  I do not have a cable but I can get one.  I don't understand why that is necessary.  I don't know how to log into a specific location either...  I guess I'm not very technically versed in computer matters I'm sorry.  I just really want to see my friends and this is soooo frustrating for me..,..

And okay I tried to log into that region the adult sandbox and it said "cannot connect to simulator"

The region I've been attempting to log into now for weeks is Hanja Welcome Area-Rez Zon, Gukyeol-General

And please let me know how to log into the Linden areas, I copied the address that Karen suggested and it did not work as I report above.  I don't know how to get to Smith or Pooley. 

This is the message "Darn.  You have been logged out of Second Life.  Please check your connection to the internet.  This region might be experiencing difficulties."  then the choices are "quit" or "View IM and Chat"  so that means I guess that I am logging in for a brief second, and it immediately logs me out, right?  Why would it be doing that over and over and over? 

After all this I finally got in after fifty or so attempts today.  I was able to finally view IM and Chat and I then deleted about 2000 notifications and logged back out, and back in, and suddenly it worked fine.  Thank you anyway to those who tried to help.  This issue is now resolved I guess.  I just don't know exactly how it worked.

3 answers to this question

Well, if your Home and Last Location are one and the same, you'll get the same result if there is a problem with that particular region. Occasionally, it happens that a resident cannot access his/her home sim and the sim has to be restarted by the sim owner to enable access again.

I suggest you try logging in to another region such as Smith or Pooley, both Linden sims. 

You can add comments to your origimal post using Options > Edit to the right of it.

Party,

With that message you are receiving, please try this test options:

1) Turn off the wireless connectivity, obtain a Cat5 cable and hook up to your router with a "wired" connection.

2) Try to login at an infohub like Violet or secondlife://Vortex%20Adult%20Sandbox/128/121/23

3) Please let us know the results of this attempt here by selecting the Your Question's Options drop-down menu and the EDIT.

Mac System requirements

Mac OS X Minimum Requirements Recommended
Internet Connection*: Cable or DSL Cable or DSL
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 or better Mac OS X 10.5.4 or better
Computer Processor: 1.5 GHz Intel based Mac 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or above
Computer Memory: 512 MB or more 1 GB or more
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels 1024x768 pixels or higher
Graphics Card**:
  • ATI Radeon 9200 and above
  • OR NVIDIA GeForce 2, GeForce 4
  • ATI: 4850, 4870
  • OR NVIDIA: 9800

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.