Looking for a custom creator

Paul4Rum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am looking for someone who knows what they're doing and can make a custom article of clothing for me. What I want is a real-looking Detroit Tigers baseball home jersey. I would like it to be a jacket layer with the front open so that my chest can be seen. Perhaps also one with the buttons buttoned. And if you can make a male and female version, that's awesome; or just unisex. Feel free to contact me in-world about this or just respond to my thread with your contact information. We can then trade images and ideas and discuss price.

Thanks,

Paul4Rum

For a designer to use the Detroit Tiger's baseball team's logo, or any team's logo for that matter,  on merchandise would be trademark infringement... not that you couldn't find someone to create it for you. Just keep in mind you may go to wear it someday and find its been IP replaced in your inventory.

You are absolutely right.

The issue raised, caused me to want to ask a not-too-closely-related question that I have been wondering about.  I recently noticed an IP Replacement in my inventory.  As far as I could tell, there was no way for me to know what had been replaced.  As I understand DMCA procedures, something was removed because someone had filed a DMCA notification, and my recourse, if I did have the right to possess the item, would be to file a counter-notification, which would result in restoration of the item.  

If I can't tell what was removed, how can I make an intelligent decision about how confident I am that I have the right to possess it?

Further, how can anyone in SL know that she has the rights to anything that she didn't create herself?  There is no way I can know with certainty that a person who sells or gives something to me has the necessary rights.  Therefore, I can never legitimately file a counter-notification because it will always be doubtful that I had the right to have the item.

It also occurred to me that there is a ready avenue for major griefing.  Someone could create an item, sell it or give it away to many people, and then file a DMCA notification.  It would be really effective if it were something that many people would incorporate into their own creations.  Think megaprims.  Even if a victim could produce a transaction history that documented her purchase of the item, she could not prove that she had received the right to use it as she was using it, or to sell it.  Absent a license on a no-mod notecard, she could never prove what rights she had.  And, anyway, in order to exercise her rights, she would have to let her physical address be released to a potential psycho.

These are just some thoughts I had.  What do others think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.