Mesh Issue: Prims/Land Impact

Vitellius Dionysus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A month or two ago I created and packaged a cottage that was 30 some prims even when the mesh items were linked with scripts.  I checked, double checked, gave out betas and multiple people checked everything before I listed it.  Over the past few days alone, this cottage has doubled in prims suddenly. I wasn't aware of it until a customer left a review and then I rechecked the product.

I'm currently working on redoing it and I see that having it linked it the issue but how could this suddenly be an issue when it wasn't just a couple of months ago?

I'd really like and appreciate some feedback here because I take great pride in my creations and this roblem really threw a ringer into what I ret to accomplish.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Vitellius Dionysus

One of the first things that comes to mind is whether the person had scaled any of the mesh objects. For most mesh models imported into Second Life, if they're scaled the land cost for them will go up.

Wouldn't make much sense for objects, mesh or not to suddenly or magically have more land cost without SOMETHING with the objects themselves being modified.

Other than that you should try always to make things as low poly as you can to keep costs down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.