Problem changing group tag on created objects!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just started building (furniture and houses) to sell, and my problem is about the group editing on objects.  I think in fact there are two separate issues, but briefly this is what is happening.  I have land under a group name with my partner and began building using that group tag.  When I decided to start selling,  I formed a new group just for that purpose.  I wanted the items created to show my name with the new group as creator, so I used the wrench icon to change.  I spent quite a few hours doing this, only to discover once I took a copy for inventory, it reverted back to the original group tag.  If I leave the object out on display, it remains changed to new group, but is there anyway to retain the edited change of group when taken into inventory??

I have tried wearing the new group tag when editing and copying, it made no difference.

Another issue relating to this is creating.  I switched off autoreturn on the land in order to build using new group tag, but no prim appears while i wear the new group tag, but when I switch back to old group tag, that is the group owning the land, the prim appears with the old group tag, not the new one I want to use for building.

I would really like all my creations to have the proper group name on it, but I can't see a way around this.  I don't see the point of having the ability to change the group name on an object if it doesn't stay changed.  Btw, I'm using the Firestorm viewer if that makes any difference!

Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Saoirse

Hi, the group only has meaning for rezzed objects. It has to be able to change, or people who buy your stuff would not be able to keep it rezzed on land that is set for other groups! You can use the description field if you want to tag the items with a little more than just your name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.