Why can't connect?

Samara Lytton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i'm unable to connect to second life.

the message that appear to me is "We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the Second Life servers.

You can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes, click Help to connect to our support site, or click Teleport to attempt to teleport home."

my internet connection is ok. no problem to access any website or other web services. the only problem is to connect SL.

i was trying all things i readed on foruns, like

turn off firewall

connect on another region

turn off modem for few minutes

change web connection

re-install SL and another viewers

re boot PC

and a lot of others solutions. no one solved, and i still can't connect to grid.

How can i solve that?

thanks.

8 answers to this question

Try connecting to another region on the SL grid. It might be a poor connection to one simulator but you may have better luck with another. You can set a custom landing point on the login page, or visit SLRUL and try teleporting to a random point on the map. Once you're online try teleporting back to the original region.

If you still can't connect, or can't connect to the original region, you'll need to open a support ticket to inform LL of connection problems. Explain all the steps you've already taken. Include your IP address (www.whatismyip.com) and the name(s) of the regions you're trying to connect to. They may ask you to go through additional diagnostic steps.

There's not much we can do on the answers board. Sorry D:

i fixed my problem on logging in had the same prob
it not your internet or second life to all who use comodo go to add trusted application on some reason comodo blocks somethimes programs that are like second life or other tha now i fixed mine or chek firwll of the secondlife viwer is blocked if it blocked that why u get the message

hope it will help u guys 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.