Uploaded mesh shoe looks transparent inside??

Marie Laurent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i need help! I used Maya to make these stilletos, everything looks fine, but the inside part of the shoe... Why is it transparent??? It really bothers me and bugs me, I cant sell product like this. When I was exporting to fbx_dae and its said this warining 

While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.

Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Boot2 will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.

Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node transform1 will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.

My question is, is this normal to be transparent inside? 

front.PNGCapture.PNG

Marie Laurent wrote:

Why is it transparent???

This question gets asked here about twice per week. Yes, Second Life renders only the "front" side of each face, determined by the direction of the surface normal. If you need a face to be visible from both sides, you have to duplicate it in place and flip the normal on the copy. Yes, in the worst case this will double the number of polygons in your mesh.

hi.

Maybe this very basic introduction can give you some additional hints:

It is made with Blender, but i believe the principles apply to every modelling task. Oh, and if you have no time at all, then advance to  minute 4:35 of the video and enjoy the last 25 seconds :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.