Hi I'm Jimmy. Are vampires scary?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Jimmy,

yes vampires can be very scary? i'm a vampire? are you affraid allready? ;) hehe

well is good that you fear if you're in roleplay, but out of roleplay, we are just another human being behind a computer playing second life;)

is natural that people are interested in different themes, myths, and soon... 

be safe! (don't sleep at night... vampires are awaked that time ;) hehe)

In general, ever since getting sucked into the Anne Rice series as a kid, I find them sexy *because* they are scary.  Each different portayal has a different level of both the fright and sex appeal.  The twinkly-pires aren't either for me, as they just seem full of angst and boredom.

The issue that I take with the goth and emo vamp crowd in SL is the notion that being depressed, mean, rude, and visciously clannish is somehow cool.  I don't hold it against them, but I refuse to celebrate how cool you are based solely on the number of piercings in your head or the wrath that will be incurred if I offend your virtual family.  When I hear 'that's my brudderpooh', I shudder, but not in fear.

Bloodlines ruined vampire play for me in SL.  I tried it for about a month, and quickly realised that I was helping to create a bad situation.  The fact remains that it brought a lot of people further into the game than they may have gone without it though.  I much prefer wandering through a dark back alley or foggy wharf and getting enticed into their London flat than having to brandish my garlic necklace in broad daylight while shopping^^! Call me nuts...Fads come and go, which is fine. The labs were preeettty slow in catching on with their vampire avs and homepage splash. Wtg.

To answer your question more bluntly, it really depends on the person, the setting, and the execution, as with anything else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.