Cache clearing

UrbanSandstorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a major disaster last time I cleared my cahe with hundreds of folders ending up in my personal file. This time all seem to go well but I have a new folder which reads "g-streamer" and contains an unopenable folder called "registry". Is this connected to my cache clear and is it ok just to delete the folder?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Urban.

@Urban

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here.  My advice would be to delete all your Secondlife folders and do a full "clean" install, because it sounds as thought you have some file corruption issues there.

This obsession that SL Support has with cache-clearing for all manner of ills is a risky venture at best.  I only clear cache when I encounter texture-corruption issues, and that can be several weeks' use of SL.

Some TPV support groups are vehement in their assertion that you clear cache only if absolutely necessary.  It seems odd that these heavy users of SL (as most are) would recommend a practice diametrically opposed to standard Support advice unless it were valid advice.  You pays your money and you makes your choice.

If a folder is un openable, to me that says "corruption".  Good Luck (and I make no claim to be an expert):catwink:.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.