Reclaim group ownership

ThelDrakis Chama

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You will have to open a support ticket and get LL help on that one.  Its suppose to be impossible for the last owner to leave a group, but it apparently happens from time to time.  If there are still 2 or more members in the group but no owner, then LL should be able to help you.  If there are no group members or only 1 group member then the group will be closed if it hasn't been already.

ETA:  Technical Questions - Group Issues  would seem to me to be the best choice. 

ETA2:  Go to Help - Support   Click on the Contact Support option on the right side of the screen.  Then click on the Submit a Support case form link in the main text.  That will take you HERE.  I just double checked and the Technical Questions section is a Premium account selection only.  So if you are a Basic account, getting your group back will not be available to you and you will probably just have to create a new group.

--Cinn

You don't. Once the last Owner leaves a group, reclaiming Owner privileges is not possible.

Time to create a new group, I'm afraid, with a new name.

Oh, and it is not at all impossible for the Owner to leave a group. It happens quite often, and screws up group rights every time an owner decides to leave, without first inviting a new person ot the Owner role and making sure they accepted the invitation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.