Ok I am trying to upload and test mesh from 3ds Max to Second Life

Yardie London

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Following the instructions on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Exporting_a_mesh_from_3ds_Max

I am running 3ds Max 2011 with up to date service pack

I am trying to upload and test mesh from 3ds Max to Second Life. I have downloaded and installed all the necessary OpenCollada Plugin, FBX 2011.3 plugin. My problem is the information gets annoyingly confusing when I get to

[Export using Autodesk Collada using FBX 2011.3 plugin. If you are not using Max 2011, update to that plugin, or if using 2012, export to FBX, and use standalone 2011 FBX converter. The 2012 exporter was using a later version of Collada (1.4.1) than the SL software could read (1.4). That may have been fixed by now.] end Quote.

If my file is to be in the Collada .dae I don't get,

[Click Z-up on the export window. Other settings are OK as default.]

end quote

and I don't get the connection between exporting dae file with FBX 2011.3 plugin. I have gone through that page daily for the last month and it makes less sense every time. I got some help on the forum with scaling.  a friend helped me find some textures that I could apply to the mesh to test the default mesh. All the other help on the subject if full of intellectual copy right information and links that look useful but are dead.

Although I can export  finished mesh when I open it in notepad there is no line reading "<Name_array id="DefaultClothingItemController-Joints-array" count="26"> "

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.