looking for musician/s

Stari Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

would love to try myself as a singer in SL live, but need musician/s. Guitar, piano... anything else if you can put in Sl the sound. 

this is not a paying position just to have fun and share music with people here

I am oopen for covers or own songs (if you have music I can do lyrics and vocals for it)

if need a sample of my voice  let me know in im or here or inworld

xoxo

Stari Adder

PS: if we have tips for our performances they will be shared between band members of course. tips that go streight to single musician he or she can leave this and not share.

thank you for advise a lot, but it might be that misicians will not be very happy to give away their material. well at least that is the first thought that came to me. I would love to sing some famous songs with playback of course but I guess this is kinda illigal, so decided to make something with beginners or music lovers. Anyway your note makes a lot of sense and I haven't thought about it...

Some musicians will not be willing to let you use their performances.  Others may be happy for you to sing their original works if you have a good singing voice.  That would be especially true if the song will work better for a female voice and the composer is male.  

If a band in SL wanted to have female vocalist, the might make a backing track for you and let you sing to that track as part of the show.  Eva Moon has a RL band and sings in SL to backing tracks they made for her.  

Here is info on using music under copyright:

Licensing music for internet performance

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/12/media-licensing-music-for-internet.html

Is singing to music under copyright a violation of copyright?  In sl, it is a grey area.  If you sang to people in your home and did not charge for it, it would not be a violation.  It is done frequently and I have heard of no effort to stop it.  Probably the money issue is too small to bother with.   

hey stari i have plans to start a rock band but use a dj stream to play music at dance clubs i do not have a stream but was looking for somebody who does i have a stage and dance floor for setup and my own rockband set. we can play other music as well. my plan was to do live rock concerts but i am open to ideas. i would be lead guitarist and in charge of local chat. while a member would run stream and other members would aid me in local chat. plus specal effects. if interested plz leave me a nc inworld u may friend me and i can attcept when i get on later today. i dont have the viewer on this computer so i use it to get my forums side of sl done. lol. :) hope to hear from u as i am willing to offer half owner of the band.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.