Sign in to follow this  
Dominic Carissa

!

Question

Check your internet connection. Avoid wireless. Use a regular cable. Restart your router/modem. Restart your computer. As a last resort, contact your ISP and ask them to check your line (would you have been doing any changes for the past 10 days?)

6 answers to this question

Check your internet connection. Avoid wireless. Use a regular cable. Restart your router/modem. Restart your computer. As a last resort, contact your ISP and ask them to check your line (would you have been doing any changes for the past 10 days?)

Yes i upgraded my connection but actually i have no problem with my connection also yes im already using cable not wi-fi. I dont understand whats the problem, its still same and couldnt find a solution.

You say you upgraded your connection. Do you mean you have a new router/modem? Also do have any issue if you try another viewer? The troubles you are having are typical of an Internet connection problem. It's worth trying to check with your ISP.

These sorts of problem are almost always caused by the QUALITY of the internet connection, as Valerie has pointed out, not just its speed.

On the other hand, an error message with "check ur IM" in it is not from any normal viewer, you may be the victim of an illiterate hacker (yes, I am kidding)

ETA:  I've just seen your comment to Valerie that you are using a wired connection.  Can you get in-world long enough to give us the ping and packet-loss figures from the statistics window?

Well yes my connection was 16Mbps now its 50Mbps also modem has changed too. Ive try firestrom too its still same. Also Ive called my ISP actually my connection is really good or my ping levels etc. etc. Idk what i have to do about this.

My connection figures,

PING
2 ms

DOWNLOAD SPEED
69.72 Mbps

UPLOAD SPEED
11.86 Mbps

2ms is really, really fast; almost unbelievably so unless you're right next door to LL's data centre. Most problems tend to be connection related but we don't know about the rest of your computer - especially the graphics card. What are the specs for the rest of the machine?