Group Edit Terrain question

Ishtar Roussel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I wanted to switch on the allow anyone to Edit Terrain on my land for a few minutes to allow a neighbor to change the border a little between our parcels, however the toggle button is no longer on the Options tab and when I asked in a group help I was told it was removed by LL recently.

So I have invited the person to my group and give her a role that allows edit terrain - the description is: "Members in a Role with this Ability can edit terrain on a group-owned parcel, even if it's turned off in About Land > Options tab."

My question is will this only work on land that is deeded to the group, or will it work on land that is set to the group?

I have always preferred to just own my land by my avater name and never owned land that is deeded because no one except me needs to do anything on the land normally, and the neighbor only needs the permission to edit terrain briefly, so I don't really want to deed the land to group. I can't find any up to date info about this so thanks for any help

1 answer to this question

Ishtar Roussel wrote:

My question is will this only work on land that is deeded to the group, or will it work on land that is set to the group?

AFAIK and in my personal experience only work if the land is deeded to grupo, not in land set to a group.

ETA: the KB ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Editing-terrain/ta-p/700061 ) says "Land owners or members of groups with the Always Allow Edit Terrain ability assigned to their role can edit terrain. Members in a role with this ability can edit terrain on a group-owned parcel, even if it's turned off in World > Place Profile > About Land > OPTIONS."

Ishtar Roussel wrote:

I have always preferred to just own my land by my avater name and never owned land that is deeded because no one except me needs to do anything on the land normally, and the neighbor only needs the permission to edit terrain briefly, so I don't really want to deed the land to group. I can't find any up to date info about this so thanks for any help

Totally agree,  I don't undertand why LL don't allw that ability in land set to a group.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.