Why I can't log in into second life new generation viewer with this account and no with others?

Tanja Roxley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Emmanuelle. Your main avatar probably has corrupted files. Try clearing the cache FOR THIS ACCOUNT ONLY from outside SL. The link below comes from the Phoenix team but works for all viewers.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=cache_clear

Just replace "USERNAME" by your avatar's name, and "Phoenix" by "SecondLife" or the name of the viewer you are using.

Hi Tanja, I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, when I was crashing on login every time it got to my inventory.  I could only use Imprudence to log on, and couldnt log on in any of the new generation viewers.  It turned out that I had corrupted inventory files, where some of my inventory had got saved to root.  This is a known bug, and a serious one.  SL were not great at responding to my bug report, and needed some heavy duty intervention.  Despite them trying to blame it all on my end, it was a grid based issue.  Eventually I was able to request and get an inventory repair.  However I am a premium account holder and they wont do that for free accounts.

hello all.. Thank you for the suggestions but after doing everything i have the same issue as the OP. I still cant log in with my original avi and i get the - " darn you have been logged out of sl " .. My alternate avi works fine.

And yesss i can log in with imprudence but not with the official viewer...

All this started after i got logged out after a sim restart. I have looked for my ghost but did not find her.. I read the forums and  met the owner and asked him to kick the avi out.. He has done that too...

Please help..  i would be very grateful for some other suggestions. I prefer the original sl viewer than others..

Thank you again all...  :cathappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.