The Shops - Mesh Head & Appliers

DreamEve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!

So I wanted to drop by and post this because last night I went and purchased my classic mesh head from The Shops and also a third party skin which has the appliers built in for the head & body. I load them do everything correctly but when I click on the mesh head applier it won't load itself into the style mode. I spent HOURS doing this even contacting The Shops and of course they don't really have an answer. The body uploaded from the third party but the head wouldn't. Has anyone had issues with this? Im technologically savvy and decent at learning things quickly but this is driving me NUTS! The applier I bought I went and looked at several blogs and they dont seem to have any issues with uploading the head w/ appliers. Maybe there is a step im missing? The 3rd party I bought was the Tanya skin/appliers from Pomac. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Hi, I am not sure if I can help you. I have The Shops classic head and I bought several third  party stuff for it - hairbases, skins, makeups.

What annoys me is that this third party stuff does not go where I would normally look for it. Lipstick is not filed under the lips icon. Only The Body Co skins and makeup options go under the head icon, the eyes icon, the lips icon, and so on. The third party stuff is all tossed in under the last icon * and it's already so filled up there.

I did actually check the icons last night and I didn't see it show up anywhere either. Maybe ill take a closer look at it but I did try on a "style" that I did buy that put itself in the head icon area. I also checked the demo tab just in case it put itself down there. Where have you had the head show up? Last icon?

I can show you how it looks for me. Top image is the skins I bought there, The Shops skins. They are placed under the head icon.

Second image shows how 3 of my Pumec Lara skins look. They are shown with just an eye closeup. Probably to identify what brow color it is. My whole head changes when I click one of those thumbnails. (The other thumbnails is hairbases, I can't sort anything in there!)

Third image shows some of my Pink Fuel Doll V2 skins + makeups. The base face, 3 of the lipsticks and one eyebrow. It is lots of other makeups, but only six show at a time. Here I click the thumbnail with a lipstick and only the lips change. If I use another skin, I can layer these lipsticks over it, or a set of lips from The Shops... 

The shops head.jpg

Sorry but I have to log off and go to bed... it's late where I live and I am up early for work. :)

Wish it was a support group for this body/head system!

(I edited the image smaller)

OMG!!!!! Thank you so much for showing me this! A HUGE HUGE HUGE help! Im going home and first thing I am going to do is look to see where things are being stored. I also wish there was an indepth tutorial or some kind of help when it comes to mesh vendors! Thanks again! Ill put and update over here once I get it squared away :D

One other thing that can happen. The thrid party creator did not make a copy of the installer. If they did this and used that installer to install the item in their own style hud, the installer would pass to the next person as used. Make sure it was an uninstalled version. If the thrid party creator made the mistake of installing without a copy version they have to reupload it.

Update: TOTALLY WORKED! Ty so much for your input! All of my 3rd party skins etc., were being uploladed to a different tab. I honestly didn't even notice. So ive been working on my mesh head all night and I think I have it down a little :)

Who is your favorite for makeup for mesh? I saw that PF sells some for third party skins which I got last night. 

Yay! Glad to help! I read somewhere that The Shops will change the hud so we can sort the contents. But when, who knows? They are still in beta.I use the Flickr pool to find new stuff: https://www.flickr.com/groups/themeshproject/ and I don't think I will have time to log in more this month. I haven't got so many lipsticks... some from The Shops and the Pink Fuel ones. There is one blogger who post gorgeous closeups and she credits her stuff: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50446962@N04/15539574085/in/pool-themeshproject

Edited to add: It is also the Pinterest pool. http://www.pinterest.com/crienelien/sl-the-mesh-project/

But I prefer Flickr because it's interesting to see how other SL residents dress up. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.