Mesh uploading problems

MeshIt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Any viewer, any grid, any model... same issue - uploading is not working. The model will not be shown in the preview window and the number of tris for all levels is about 3-5 even if a model has much more. The uplading price will not be calculating at all. I have even try to upload old models which i had already successfully uploaded before - same result. I have reinstalled different viewers, restarted my PC - same result. What else can it be? It has started yesterday without any reason, i have not installed any new software etc. It just stoped to work... Please help!

Update: I have tried same on another PC and it worked. So it should be a problem of my PC. But I have no idea what exactly I should change and before i reinstall Windows completely I would like to ask if anybody has some ideas... Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

Hi

do not reintall windows, this will not help you

this once happen to me, it was some thing I was doing that was not right.

used the knowledge base and check out how to upload to SL.

some thing has change, and you need to check that out.

click the knowledge base tab and once it open type into it    uploading and  mesh model

there you will see the options to check out.

you may only need a clean install of the viewer and not the window operating system.

good luck

byee

Dear OP,

What are the differences between the PC that this worked on versus your PC? Since you were successful at another PC, your account seems to have the needed permissions.  A clean install of the SL Viewer seems to be indicated. Please follow the instructions at the following link:.

1) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Test your ability to upload mesh now.

If this doesn't work, and so we can help your further, please update your question with the following information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

1) The make and model of your PC or Laptop

2) Your Operating System

3) The make and model of your computer's Graphics Card or Subsystem.

4) The make and model of your friends PC or Laptop

5) Your friends PC Operating System

6) The make and model of your friends PC computer's Graphics Card or Subsystem.

I'm sure the differences may point out another possible solution for you.

Thanks for all this information. I have made clean setup several times and Im working with mesh since 2 years on this PC and till now I had no problems. If it would be a viewer problem I would be able to upload mesh with other viewers such as for InWorldz grid etc. But ANY grid and ANY viewer is same for me and uploading is not workin. I will write the information about my PC and the one of my friend:

My PC: Laptop HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC with Radeon HD 6770M graphic card, Insalled is Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit.

The PC of my friend: Laptop Dell Inspirion 3521 with AMD Radeon HD 7670M graphic card, installed is Windows 8.1 64 Bit.

With my PC i have successfully worked with mesh 2 years and only since last Monday it stops working. I would be thankfull for any help. I have restored my system to an older backup (made on last July, when all was working perfect), but the result was same. Only thing I have not tried is re-installing the system completely. Thanks a lot in advance!

The knowledge base tells same what i have always done before, im an experienced mesh creator and know how it works, so this is really not a problem of upload settings or clean setup as this I have also made several times and before it stops working i have not changed any softwear, so didnt uninstall or install anything, it just stops working...

Yup - the Clean re-install of the SL Viewer will fix you. The XML config files for the viewer will be slightly corrupted.as a result of several of the mandatory viewer upgrades. Follow those instruction to the letter and you will get new XML config files with your current Mesh Upload Status.

The OS System Restore usually does not repair SL Viewer issues because the XML Config files are dynamically updated.

ALSO and this is Important - If you just installed iCLoud or SkyDrive, make sure that those helper tasks in the system tray have been exited before launching the SL Viewer..... Those products look at all uploads and downloads and can interfere with SL...

hmmm.... even after clean install, no changes. I followed all the steps... Maybe a new Windows installation will not solve the SL viewer problems, but it will for sure make the SL install as "clean" as possible ;-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.