Second Life's cheapest rent?

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't want to spend a fortune on a house when all you want is a base for your Second Life exploring? Just a place where you can get a moment of peace, maybe change your clothes in private and of course tp to if you get into a sticky situation?

At Keswick and Coniston you can rent a small 64 m2 townhouse or cottage for just 20 L$ a week. No, that is not a typo, only 20 lindens for a week's rent. The prim allowance is limited of course - 5 prims - but that should be enough to make a cozy little nest with modern, low prim furniture (got a few freebies for you at my Marketplace store myself and there are many other good builders who offer cheap and even free good quality low prim furniture too these days). And if you need more, well, just tell me and I'll increase your prim limit. It'll cost a little extra of course but not too much.

There's more too. Greater Coniston is a fairly large project. Total area of over more than two sims (but spread out across five). When it's finished, it will include houses in all sizes from those lovely little cottages to a few full fledged castles. Oh, and quite a few open parcels too - some by the sea, some by the Linden Road - if you want to build your own dream home in the style of the area. Much of it is ready for the public already. And some parts are almost ready - if you fancy a house or parcel that doesn't have a rental sign on it yet, just ask me and I'll see what I can do. :matte-motes-smile:

Oh, the style? Yes, this is a themed build and the theme is Northern England. It's all in the part of SL known as the Hidden Lake District where the sims are named after and inspired by places in Northern England. I decided to work with the landscape rather than against it. Fortunately it seems most of my neighbours had similar ideas and the whole region is wonderfully free of major eyesores. Enough variety to keep things interesting but not so much to create the mess you see far too many places in SL.

I've tried to make it a modern landscape, but modern with a history! That means you'll find everything from medieval Tudor houses to modern houses side by side in perfect harmony, just as you would in real life.

The rules? Oh yes, there have to be some unfortunaly. I already mentioned the overall theme. There's an overall scale too - about average for SL, nothing to big or too small. And the sims are M rated (that's LL's decision not mine) and child friendly (btw, did I mention the playground at Coniston?) so if you're planing to do something really adult, do it indoors. Oh, and it's low lag, definitely low lag and will remain so as long as I have any say in the matter. :matte-motes-wink:

Where the 20 L$ rentals are? They're spread around and I can't list them all here. But most are located in the old factory workers' town of North Keswick:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Keswick/183/215/38

For the rest, just click on one of the rental boxes for info and it will give you a notecard with a full list of landmarks.

There are only 55 of these 20 L$ houses available and I doubt there will be more of them. Unless some other landowner catch my madness that is, I can't afford many more of them myself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.