need help with Animal/Fantasy Creature rig

vulgon1488304587

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need some help on setting up an bonesrig for Fourlegger and Furry Avis.

Can i download somewhere an standard pose rig for an Dog, Cat or maybe horse or Dragon somewhere ?

is it possible to export the animations of an object into bhv and load them into an 3d application like cinema or 3dmax and modify them for your modell ?

i am looking for an complete tutorial or maybe someone you can help me as an coworker or maybe as an tutor.

i have some nice meshes i wanna use.

Only furrys and Animals and Fantasy creatures.

Unfortunately Vulgon, most of us are only doing this part time and our own projects take up much of that.  You are better served by asking specific questions here as you progress.  Realistically folks looking for co-workers generally need to partner with someone that have skills which meet or exceed their own.  And those with a talent to teach generally leverage their time by making tutorials that reach a broad range of people, rather then spend their time on teaching one-on-one, such as Gaia Clary with her very excellent website filled with exceptional and free info at machimatrix.org.  So unless you already have a personal relationship already with someone who has the time and patience to teach a very tedious topic, rigging, you might start by reading up on the topic, reviewing past forum entries and watching videos on Youtube and other sites.

As to addressing the specific questions in your post.  I'm not aware of any standard pose that is downloadable.  Currently all animatable (sp?) human and other forms have to conform with the default standard armature available in the Avatar.blend file.  You can reposition, shrink, expand,etc. the bones as they currently exist. You cannot add or remove bones.  This presents quite a challenge and alot of limitations on quadraped (sp?) characters.  I've managed to rig a cat so it walks nicely in SL, but I'm having quite a hard time getting the animations and bone weights done correctly.  Its a long tedious process.

And you cannot export animations from SL.  If you had a bvh file someone gave you, you can import it into Blender, for example, and use it to skin your character to the posed armature.  BUT, the bvh file must be based on the SL avatar armature, not some random armature from a character in another game.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.