Honored Resident
BlackHeaven1983
0 Kudos

What determines a mesh's axis point and rotation prior to being imported into SL?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but i'm not sure where to look or what to look for.  I'm a 3dsmax user and whenever i upload my meshes, the axis changes.  So basically if I have a mesh that's perfectly aligned to my grid in 3d studio, then import it into SL, the axis changes from straight forward to some weird angle...Making rotating and adjusting the mesh in SL difficult.  So i want to know what determines the direction the axis faces prior to exporting it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advisor
Kwakkelde Kwak
0 Kudos

Re: What determines a mesh's axis point and rotation prior to being imported into SL?

Reply to BlackHeaven1983 - view message

The global rotation of the object in 3ds max should be the same as the rotation in SL.

Did you try to reset XForms before upload?

"The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell."
Confucius

Honored Resident
BlackHeaven1983
0 Kudos

Re: What determines a mesh's axis point and rotation prior to being imported into SL?

Reply to Kwakkelde Kwak - view message

You mean the UVW XForm modifier in 3dstudio?  

btw, nice quote

Advisor
Kwakkelde Kwak
0 Kudos

Reply to BlackHeaven1983 - view message

Just the "Reset XForm" under utilities or "Xform"  from the Modifier List. (You can turn the object back to editable poly or mesh again after that)

It will reset all your mirrors and rotations.

"The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell."
Confucius