Issue With Buying L$

DragonGirl155

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, I'm having an issue with purchasing Linden Dollars. Yes, I have looked up my issue quite a few times but it seems like no one else is having the same problem as I am. I will explain in points on what happened.

- After putting some money on my Visa card to purchase L$ on the SL website, then after putting in how many Dollars I wanted, I completely forgot to fill out my Billing Information. So after it told me to pay right away; I went back, filled out my info and went back to buying the Dollars again.

- But this time, it didn't work. It told me that I had spent so much of my limit already that now I can only spent 00.30. 

- I checked my Order History and it turns out that the purchase was closed via 'system_cancel', so I've tried again and it still didn't work since it kept telling me that I had 00.30 left.

- Later on, I tried again and the ammout of money changed to 00.45 then later again to 00.58. At the moment, it's 00.30 again.

- Even though it says that I've cancelled it, and it's not letting me buy anymore, I have no L$ at all. This is also the very first time I have attempted to buy Linden Dollars.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something else. It may be fixed in 24 hours or less or more. But having an answer would be very helpful, thank you.

1 answer to this question

There may be two things going on here.

First, LL doesn't accept most prepaid or debit cards.  So your attempt to list one as your payment method may have failed.  In general, LL only accepts major credit cards or a verified PayPal account.

Second, when you first make a purchase of $L, a clock is started.  Your purchase amount is severely limited at first, but will rapidly increase over the span of a week or so.  This is a security measure to help prevent people from using stolen credit cards to buy $L.  See "trading limits."

For more on how buying and selling $L works, see: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.