While I am not using my Premium account tier, does it accumulate in my account, or is it lost?

pcnewtone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't find it, so here goes...

I just got a Premium account, and hope to purchase land with it. Initially, I got a Linden Home with it, but wonder whether, if I leave the Linden Home and don't use the tier for a few months, does it accumulate in my account, or is it based on the "use it or lose it" principle?

Also, if I deed it to a group, does it accumulate in the group account until land is bought, or is it also lost?

Thanks for your help with this.

Peter (pcnewtone)

2 answers to this question

It doesn't roll over. You get the first 512 sq. meters of tier free with your premium account. But, if you put it in a group you get 10% extra tier. Just be sure you understand the group dynamics. Groups can cost money if you are liable for their costs. If it's your group you don't have to worry about that though

• Like 3

No.  Strictly speaking, tier is the ability to own land, not the actual land fee.  You can be at a tier level of anything you choose, from 512 square meters all the way up to a full sim, 65,536 sq. m., but you won't pay any land fees until you actually own some mainland.  Then you pay the land fee one month in arrears, based on the maximum amount of mainland you held during that month.

Groups never actually hold any money.  All money they receive from rents, entrance fees, group joining fees, or land sales is paid out more or less immediately to those members who have been designated to receive group dividends (all of them, by default, unless you alter that in the group roles.)  Group owned land is not paid for by the group, either...it's paid by the members who donated XXX sq. m. of tier to the group.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.