Help me please!

lolascort

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello people!

See if you can help me ...

Long ago, I bought a piece of land on a beach, and I met someone and think a group just for us and told me to cede the land to the group that we could use both. Now many months ago that he does not connect and field sets belonging to the group. I wonder if there is any way to recover my land, I do not want to lose! Thank you very much!

2 answers to this question

Reclaiming group land

If you wish to reclaim land you have donated to a group, you must complete both of the following steps.  Remember that your land contribution to the group (in square meters, not parcels) counts against your total land usage, and does not automatically decrease if you reclaim a parcel of land from the group.  

Failure to remove group land contributions before reclaiming a parcel for your personal use can result in an increase in land tier fees if your total land usage in group contributions and owned parcels exceeds the next land tier.

Remove your existing land contribution 

your_contribution.pngDo this to avoid an unnecessary increase of land tier.

1. Go to Communicate > My Groups.
  2. Select the group the land is deeded to from the MY GROUPS tab of the People window.
  3. Click the Group Profile button.
  4. Select Land/Assets.
  5. Set Your contribution to "0" sq meters.
  6. Click Save.

Sell the land to yourself for L$1

sell_land.pngFollow these steps:
  1. Right-click the land and select About Land
  2. Click the OBJECTS tab and set Auto return other Residents' objects to "0".
    32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Failure to turn off auto return may result in the return of all objects on the land!
  3. On the GENERAL tab, click the Sell Land button.
  4. Enter L$1 under Set a price.
  5. Under Sell the land to, choose Specific person from the dropdown menu and click Select
  6. Enter your name in the search field of the CHOOSE RESIDENT window and click Go.
  7. Select your name and click OK.
  8. Under Sell the objects with the land? option, choose No, keep ownership of objects.
  9. Click the Set Land For Sale button.
  10. Right-click the land and select Buy Land.
  11. Click the Purchase button.
  12. If desired, deed the land to a new group.
  • Like 1

Valerie has told you everything you need to know...but you will not be able to do the second step, selling the land to yourself, if your group abilities don't permit you to do so. 

If that is the case, you must leave the land deeded to the group, until you can contact the group owner and get her to change your allowed group abilities.

But don't be worried.  As long as you are a group member, and the group continues to pay monthly tier (donated, presumably, by yourself) the land is still "yours" through the group.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.