how many accounts

poppy Nootan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One person can have multiple free basic accounts, subject to the alt account policy.

(http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.2.1)

Cost

Your first basic account is free, and so are a few alternate accounts. However, if you create an army of alts, Linden Lab may charge a small fee of US$9.95 for the creation of each additional basic account as a way to recoup some of the cost. This is explained further in section 1 of the Second Life Billing Policies, linked to from our Terms of Service. Note that in the billing policies, "Access Account" means basic account and a "Subscription Account" means a premium account.

Restrictions

Currently, you can create:

• Up to five accounts per household.
  • No more than two accounts in a single 24-hour period.

Alt accounts must adhere to all Second Life policies. For example, by agreeing to the Terms of Service (TOS) you agree to provide truthful and accurate information about yourself when you register for accounts; that includes not only your contact information and real name but also whether this is your first free basic account or a new alt (see TOS section 2.1). People who do not provide truthful information risk losing their accounts.

What if I have a premium account already?

Your first account, paid or not, counts as your free basic account. The free basic account is meant as an incentive to new Residents to try Second Life with no associated charges. If you have many accounts already, additional accounts may incur an associated cost for maintenance.

(http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_Account_FAQ)

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

One person can have multiple free basic accounts, subject to the 

(

Cost

Your first basic account is free, and so are a few alternate accounts. However, if you create an army of alts, Linden Lab may charge a small fee of US$9.95 for the creation of each additional basic account as a way to recoup some of the cost. This is explained further in section 1 of the
, linked to from our
. Note that in the billing policies, "Access Account" means basic account and a "Subscription Account" means a premium account.

Restrictions

Currently, you can create:
  • Up to five accounts per household.
  • No more than two accounts in a single 24-hour period.

Alt accounts must adhere to all Second Life policies. For example, by agreeing to the
(TOS) you agree to provide truthful and accurate information about yourself when you register for accounts; that includes not only your contact information and real name but also whether this is your first free basic account or a new alt (see TOS section 2.1). People who do not provide truthful information risk losing their accounts.

What if I have a premium account already?

Your first account, paid or not, counts as your free basic account. The free basic account is meant as an incentive to new Residents to try Second Life with no associated charges. If you have many accounts already, additional accounts may incur an associated cost for maintenance.

(

I submitted a ticket a few days ago about the policy's you list here asking LL to clarify some of the numbers such as

• a few alternate accounts
  • create an army of alts
  • Up to five accounts per household
  • fee of US$9.95 for the creation of each additional basic account
  • Only one Access Account is permitted per unique user; additional Access Accounts for the same unique user require a one-time access payment (from: http://secondlife.com/corporate/billing.php)

So is it a few accounts, an army, 5 per household, or one per unique user?

The answer I got back from LL in the ticket, was to write or fax their legal department.  I haven't had time to do that yet, I all so feel like writing their marketing department, I seams strange for LL to not take $ from people who want to play for extra accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.